Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 4 - End of Day Posting

Sir Ken Robinson http://sirkenrobinson.com/skr/  This site provides more videos of his presentations.

Today provided an opportunity to bring a lot of information together for me.  I am finding that I have a new eye as I view web pages and I feel more empowered to take the needed steps to increase the use of technology to help engage our students and teachers as they move forward in their learning.  All of the resources we have in Canby and I feel we are really only using at most 10% of the capacity of what we could be doing. 

Being in a new building I am interested in seeing the level of technology use.  I am moving from a building where we had 1 laptop per 2 students and I know this level of access is not available at Eccles Elementary.  I have an exceptionally talented Technology Assistant and plan on working with him to come up with a plan to present to staff for us to build on what we have and identify what we need and make a plan to secure it.

3 comments:

  1. If you think of it, Betty, please keep me posted on how your work with your tech teacher goes. That kind of work is always a joy to watch success happen--as I'm sure they will with you at the helm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! It will probably take a bit of time, but it's great that you've seen a tech rich school and have ideas to guide your work. You're also fortunate to be in a district that supports technology so thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting for you to evaluate the technology situation in your new building. This presents a exciting opportunity. If you are looking for a resource to help guide the development of your website, consider reading, Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug. This is one of the books Todd referred to in class. A fast and informative read, packed with great tips and advise for web usability. I wish I had read it before I developed my website. Good Luck. I know you will be an amazing leader for your students, staff and families at the new school.

    ReplyDelete