Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 2 - Class

Okay, brain filled, almost to overload, but what a great presentation from Doug!  So much to go and explore.  I feel empowered to just start clicking here and there and discovering.  I believe I have been "comfortable" with my level of technology knowledge but now I feel I need to take it upon myself to discover what else the applications I work with have.  Funny how we have these "ah ha" moments!

My mind is swirling with idea after idea on how to present to our staff members the possibilities for student learning and engagement.  Using google docs myself as an example is the first place to start.  There is so much I do not know about and today, goggle translate, scholar, books, etc. just feels like the tip of the iceberg.  Tech nights for parents, google accounts for students, oh my, oh my!

2 comments:

  1. Glad Doug gave you some great ideas and inspiration for you and your staff. I'd love to know what you eventually do this year. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. If the staff sees you using it in your day to day work they will see the power, become inquisitive and begin asking questions. You can then "set the hook" and hang on. Provided the teachers have some minimum technology in their classroom (projector & computer) they will quickly figure out how to leverage the power with their students.

    ReplyDelete